Thigh Wraps for Cellulite: How to Wrap at Home?
The reason to use them was to enhance the silhouette by treating underlying causes that lead to loose, orange peel-like, or inflamed skin. After these innovative treatments for cellulite took the beauty world by storm in the 1980s and 1990s, the traditional linen were replaced by plastic or thermal sheets.
What is a Thigh Wrap?
How Do Thigh Wraps Work?
When it comes to anti-cellulite at home treatments, GUAM is a known giant in the body care world due to its unique and powerful formulas. GUAM Seaweed Mud offers a wide variety of body treatments including the ones designed specifically for legs and lower body. Different formulas are intended to work for different skin problems and types.
What are Different Types of GUAM Seaweed Wraps?
1. Slimming Wraps with Infrared Heat:
2. Cooling Thigh Wraps:
The cooling complex not only calms inflammation and prevents irritation but also yields anti-cellulite, which helps to restore bumpy and loose skin. These detox wraps for thighs works to eliminate water retention, relieving heavy or swollen legs.
3. Speciality Thigh Wraps
- Draining Thigh Wraps: As the name indicates, GUAM Dren Plus is tailored with powerful anti-inflammatory and detoxifying compounds that promote the removal of excess fluid and toxins by speeding up the lymphatic system. Plant-based extracts and seaweed are some of the commonly used detoxifying compounds. They are ideal for reducing swelling or puffiness caused by water retention.
- Stubborn Cellulite. The formula of GUAM stubborn skin is specifically intended for deep-rooted cellulite which are hard to get rid of. They are packed with additional 14% concentration of seaweed. The three-time higher antioxidant power of seaweed is harnessed through the bioliquefaction process, which enables the treatment to work effectively, even on the most stubborn skin to reduce cellulite and restore the skin’s firmness.
How Can Thigh Wraps Help You?
· Minimize Cellulite: The main reason why most of us go for the treatments at home or a spa is to get rid of cellulite on thighs, legs, and buttocks. Thigh slimming wraps work to diminish the causes behind the skin damage that make the skin appear bumpy or wiggly. The anti-cellulite action includes fat breakdown, removal of excess water, and higher collagen synthesis.
· Boost Microcirculation: Thigh wraps contain natural ingredients, like seaweed, black tourmaline, and menthol, which enhance the supply of blood to the treated areas. As we know, a reduced blood supply is among the factors that add to the formation of cellulite. Those with circulation-boosting ingredients can be useful in eliminating this cause and keeping the blood running to the skin.
How Do You Use GUAM Wraps for Cellulite?
- Prep the Area: Before you apply GUAM formula, prep the area where you’re going to use it, preferably do it in your bathroom to avoid any mess. Line the floor of your bathroom with a plastic sheet or newspaper.
- Exfoliate the Skin: The next most important step is to get your skin ready to absorb the goodness of all the natural compounds. The best way is to use a scrub and slough off dead and dry skin from the legs before applying the treatment for cellulite.
- Apply the mud: Once your skin is nicely prepared, proceed with slathering it on your legs in a circular massaging motion. Apply an ample amount of thigh wrap to cover the target area thoroughly.
- Cover with Cling Film: After you have covered your thighs with the mud completely including wrapping inner thighs, cover the area with a cling wrap. Make sure the cling isn’t too loose or too tight. It should be tight enough to hold the mud in place but not too tight that it slows down microcirculation to the skin. You can also cover legs with a bath towel to facilitate sweating.
- Leave it on and Rinse: Once applied and covered, it’s time to sit back and relax. Time of the application will be suggested on the box ( from 15 to 45 minutes). Rinse the area with lukewarm water to remove the formula and the cling together.
- Moisturize and Treat: Pat dry the thighs and follow with your favorite body moisturizing cream or lotion. For a luxurious experience and to take the skin tightening and smoothing effects up a notch, use a boosting gel or cream.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Thigh Wrap?
- Pick the Right Ingredients: Finding the right ingredients that work the best for your individual skin and its problems is the key to reaping maximum benefit out of your thigh wrap. You’ll come across diverse types with different ingredients. Also, choose high-quality ingredients that ensure promised results and help you achieve your goal faster.
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Exfoliating your legs and thighs before applying a thigh wrap for cellulite can further improve the efficiency. Exfoliation will remove dead skin cell pileup and clear your pores, allowing active components of your thigh wrap to enter deeper into the skin. Better delivery of nutrients will yield quicker and more noticeable anti-cellulite and slimming effect.
- Stay Hydrated: Keeping your body hydrated is significant when it comes to getting the most from your thigh wraps for cellulite. Consuming an ample amount of water in addition to your thigh wrap will accelerate the removal of toxins and fat cells from the body. Also, some ingredients, like caffeine, can leave the skin dehydrated. Drinking water can help to avoid that problem.
- Be Consistent: While many of treatments can make a difference even after the first application, it’s important that you stay consistent and patient for prominent and lasting results. Gentle and natural ingredients might take some time to work their magic, but the wait is well worth your time and persistence. It’s crucial that you use it as many times a week as recommended by the company, which is usually 4 to 2 times a week.
- Use Boosting Products: Many brands are offering boosting products to use after these testaments. These products are designed to prolong the effects by supplying the skin with a continuous dose of anti-cellulite and firming ingredients. All you have to do is massage a boosting gel or cream and hit the sack or continue with your daily chores. The product will keep doing its work without you making any additional efforts.
- Wear Anti-cellulite leggings. GUAM has a variety of cellulite-reducing leggings that can be worn up to 6 hours daily
However, if you have an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients, wash your skin immediately and don’t use it again. If you have any ailment or skin disease, consult your medical specialist before trying those products on your skin.
Moreover, it’s recommended not to use heating solutions during pregnancy to avoid any unforeseen side effects, although, it is safe to use them while breastfeeding.
To get maximum benefits from the treatment, follow the instructions and apply it properly. It’s important to note that like all other skincare products, thigh slimmer wraps may also take some time to give you noticeable and permanent results. Therefore, commitment and consistency are the keys to achieving your desired outcomes.
And don't forget to make some before and after images to track the progress!
Yana is the writer behind the Guam Beauty blog who firmly believes in the concept that beauty begins in a person’s head, not in the mirror. Therefore, she strives to encourage her readers, who are beauty and skincare enthusiasts, to bring mindfulness into their skincare rituals by making more conscious choices. Her philosophy is to enable her readers to salvage mental peace and optimal health by living more mindfully and achieving their skin and body goals through