The Only Guide You’ll Need for Body Wrap Treatments in 2023
2023 Body Wrap Treatments Guide
This guide is going to gear you with information before booking your next appointment. It will describe the treatment on what generally happens during this procedure, outlines the beauty and health benefits, and lists the different types of wraps available. We will also attack any questions you may have before you head to a day at the spa.
What is a body wrap?
Normally, a mineral or oil-rich formula is applied to the torso and limbs before it is wrapped in cotton, plastic film, or Mylar bandages. This helps remove dirt, toxins from the skin and excess water from the body to reduce water weight. Some spas include a scrub to prepare the skin before it is wrapped. Before starting the body wrapping treatment, make sure to go over the details with your masseuse for the day.
Usually, they cover the entire body but there are some exceptions like cellulite and bust wraps that are only applied to problem areas specified by the client.
Health and beauty benefits
6. Cellulite reduction
This is probably one of the most popular and quickest ways of diminishing cellulite. The best thing about it is that it will help to melt away fat deposits under the skin, and purge out toxins, aiding to lose some inches, tone up loose skin, detox, and reduce orange peel-like skin. Most of the anti-cellulite treatments contain herbal and marine active ingredients and offer additional skin and health benefits as well.
Do body wraps work to lose inches?
There is a lot of different kinds of body wraps on the market now that can help with reducing swelling and water retention that will lead to slimming and help to lose a few pounds. Another approach is using Far Infrared Rays technologies to melt down unwanted fatty deposits with the heat. Here are some solutions for inch loss that works on contouring your curves and slimming your silhouette:
Infrared ones are the most recent innovation but rapidly becoming a common procedure in the salons and at-home solutions.
Do body wraps help to lose weight?
Let us help you dig deeper into the facts and debunk some of the prevalent myths about the relationship between weight loss and cellulite so you can take a better approach to get rid of dimpled skin before the swimsuit season approaches. Check our blog post below:
Types of body wrap treatments
1. Algae body wrap
2. Bust wrap
3. Cellulite wraps treatment
4. Chocolate body wrap
5. Detoxing body wrap
6. Herbal body wrap
7. Hydrating body wrap
8. Slimming body wrap
9. Mud or clay wrap
Here's a simple clay body wrap recipe that you can try at home:
Mix 1 cup bentonite clay, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup water. Add a few drops of essential oil (optional). Apply to skin, wrap with plastic or sheet, and leave on for 30 mins to an hour. Rinse with warm water and moisturize skin. Drink plenty of water before and after. Note: Not recommended for sensitive skin or skin conditions.
10. Oil boy wrap
11. Paraffin wax body wrap
Wax is not only meant for candles. Paraffin wax has been used for many years at salons and spas to seal in moisture. Bandages and other wrapping materials are rarely used in this treatment. Warm paraffin wax is brushed on the skin which hardens when it dries. The heat from the wax is known to soothe arthritic symptoms and reduce muscle pain.
12. Parafango wrap
13. Thalasso or seaweed body wrap
Recommended at-home GUAM Products:
About GUAM Anti-cellulite products
This Infrared Stomach Wrap was specifically designed for the abdomen area, its hot formulation helps to reduce cellulite on the stomach, tighten and firm belly skin, reshape love handles. Thanks to unique formula harness the power of Black Tourmaline, Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals it acts fast and safe.
Reveal touchably firm, slender leg contours with the Cooling Guam Seaweed Anti-cellulite Mud. Formulated for swollen, heavy legs this revitalizing menthol-infused formula penetrates deeply to depuff and visibly get rid of cellulite on thighs, calves, and hips, decreasing swelling.
READ MORE about Guam Cold formula
Bestselling Original GUAM Mud is clinically proven to reduce cellulite on legs and buttocks in one treatment due to unique formula harnesses the power of Black Tourmaline that provides the effect of Far Infrared Rays (FIR), Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals to firm and tone so you can always feel confident.
How to use GUAM Seaweed Muds DIY
You want to look for at-home solutions with ingredients you can understand like GUAM muds. They list out all of their ingredients on their site and describe how they are procured plus their benefits. Treat your skin inside and out with a product that will not leave you wondering whether it will be good for your skin.
What to expect
- You do not have to remove all of your clothing. You can wear a bikini, just your bottoms, or go completely naked. A quality spa will be very professional and you do not have to worry about exposing yourself. The esthetician will communicate with you on how to cover yourself for your treatment.
- If there is any exfoliation involved, this will happen next. The therapist will remove dead skin cells through dry brushing or using a gently abrasive scrub.
- If you did get exfoliated, then you will need to rinse so that the wrapping formula will be able to permeate the skin. You may be asked to do this in a separate room if a Vichy shower is not available above your treatment table.
- Your therapist will now begin applying a mineral or oil-rich formula to help in moisturizing your skin, giving it some extra softness. They will apply it to your skin and then will cover each area in cloth or plastic before moving on to the area.
- Sit back and relax. Your therapist will leave you for up to half an hour to allow the solution to permeate your skin. Some spas give the option of additional services like a scalp massage while you wait.
- When your time is up, your spa therapist will unwrap you and either rinse you off or point you to separate shower so you can remove any excess scrub of ingredients on your skin.
- Finally, at the end of your procedure, your therapist will apply a final moisturizer to continue to protect and soften your skin.
The fine print
Often, it is combined with other treatments like a scrub or a massage to offer a full pampered experience. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Check with the spa to get a list of what to expect while you are with your esthetician.
Elizabeth Tanzi, MD, clinical instructor, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore; Washington, D.C. dermatologist.
Sandra Fryhofer, MD, past president, American College of Physicians; clinical associate professor of medicine, Emory University School of Medicine; internist in private practice.
Yana is the writer behind the Guam Beauty blog who firmly believes in the concept that beauty begins in a person’s head, not in the mirror. Therefore, she strives to encourage her readers, who are beauty and skincare enthusiasts, to bring mindfulness into their skincare rituals by making more conscious choices. Her philosophy is to enable her readers to salvage mental peace and optimal health by living more mindfully and achieving their skin and body goals through