Jun 22 , 2019
The Only Guide You’ll Need for Body Wrap Treatments
2019 Body wraps guide
These establishments are now embracing seaweed and other vitamin-rich materials as part of their offering. With body wrap’s ability to detoxify, tone, tighten skin, and condition, it is no wonder they are quickly becoming a favorite for both spa patrons and owners.
If you have not experienced a spa day, you are seriously missing out. Calm sounds of waterfalls, plush robes, and infused waters are just some of the features of a day of pampering. There are an array of options including body wraps.
This guide is going to gear you with information before booking your next appointment. It will describe the treatment on what generally happens during a body wrap, outlines the beauty and health benefits, and lists the different types of wraps available. We will also attack any questions you may have before you head to a day at the spa.
What is a body wrap?
Normally, a mineral or oil-rich formula is applied to the torso and limbs before it is wrapped in cotton, plastic film, or Mylar bandages. This helps remove dirt, toxins and excess water from the skin. Some spas include a body scrub to prepare the body before it is wrapped. Before starting the treatment, make sure to go over the details with your masseuse for the day.
Usually, wraps cover the entire body but there are some exceptions like cellulite and bust wraps that are only applied to problem areas specified by the client.
Body wraps health and beauty benefits
Do body wraps work to lose inches?
The fine print
Often times, a body wrap is combined with other treatments like a body scrub or a massage to offer a full pampered experience. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Check with the spa to get a list of what to expect while you are with your esthetician.
Some other things to keep in mind is that you will be wrapped up. If you experience claustrophobia, it might not be a good idea to get this treatment.
Types of body wrap spa treatments
1. Algae body wrap
2. Bust wrap
3. Cellulite wraps treatment
4. Chocolate body wrap
5. Detoxing and mineralizing body wrap
6. Herbal body wrap
7. Hydrating body wrap
8. Slimming body wrap
9. Mud or clay wrap
10. Oil boy wrap
11. Paraffin wax body wrap
12. Parafango wrap
13. Thalasso or seaweed body wrap
What to expect
- You do not have to remove all of your clothing. You can wear a bikini, just your bottoms, or go completely naked. A quality spa will be very professional and you do not have to worry about exposing yourself. The esthetician will communicate with you on how to cover yourself for your treatment.
- If you are getting a body wrap with exfoliation, this will happen next. The therapist will remove dead skin cells through dry brushing or using a gently abrasive body scrub.
- If you did get exfoliated, then you will need to rinse so that the wrap will be able to permeate the skin. You may be asked to do this in a separate room if a Vichy shower is not available above your treatment table.
- Your therapist will now begin applying a mineral or oil-rich formula to help in moisturizing your skin, giving it some extra softness. They will apply it to your body and limbs then they will wrap each area in cloth or plastic before moving on to the next part of your body.
- Sit back and relax. Your therapist will leave you for up to half an hour to allow the treatment to permeate your skin. Some spas give the option of additional services like a scalp massage while you wait.
- When your time is up, your spa therapist will unwrap you and either rinse you off or point you to separate shower so you can remove any excess scrub of ingredients on your skin.
- Finally, at the end of your treatment, your therapist will apply a final moisturizer to continue to protect and soften your skin.
Homemade body wraps DIY
Though you cannot match the experience of lying down on a massage table while the therapist does the work, you can still get the skin you desire. Heck, you can create a spa experience at home with a few candles and oils. Make an appointment for yourself where you will be left uninterrupted for 30 minutes to an hour.
You want to look for body wrap treatments with ingredients you can understand like Guam body wraps and anti-cellulite creams. They list out all of their ingredients on their site and describe how they are procured plus their benefits. Treat your body inside and out with a product that will not leave you wondering on whether it will be good for your skin.
Recommended at-home Body Wraps:
This Infrared Stomach Wrap was specifically designed for the abdomen area, its hot formulation helps to reduce cellulite on the stomach, tighten and firm belly skin, reshape love handles. Thanks to unique formula harness the power of Black Tourmaline, Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals it acts fast and safe.
Reveal touchably firm, slender leg contours with the Cooling Guam Seaweed Mud anti-cellulite body wrap. Formulated for swollen, heavy legs this revitalizing menthol-infused formula penetrates deeply to depuff and visibly get rid of cellulite on thighs, calves, and hips, decreasing swelling.
Bestselling Original Body Wrap is clinically proven to reduce cellulite on legs and buttocks in one treatment due to unique formula harnesses the power of Black Tourmaline that provides the effect of Far Infrared Rays (FIR), Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals to firm and tone so you can always feel confident.