Jun 22 , 2019
The Only Guide You’ll Need for Body Wrap Treatments
2020 Body wraps guide
These establishments are now embracing seaweed and other vitamin-rich materials as part of their offering. With body wrap’s ability to detoxify, tone, tighten skin, and condition, it is no wonder they are quickly becoming a favorite for both spa patrons and owners.
If you have not experienced a spa day, you are seriously missing out. Calm sounds of waterfalls, plush robes, and infused waters are just some of the features of a day of pampering. There is an array of options including body wraps.
This guide is going to gear you with information before booking your next appointment. It will describe the treatment on what generally happens during a body wrap, outlines the beauty and health benefits, and lists the different types of wraps available. We will also attack any questions you may have before you head to a day at the spa.
What is a body wrap?
Normally, a mineral or oil-rich formula is applied to the torso and limbs before it is wrapped in cotton, plastic film, or Mylar bandages. This helps remove dirt, toxins and excess water from the skin. Some spas include a body scrub to prepare the body before it is wrapped. Before starting the treatment, make sure to go over the details with your masseuse for the day.
Usually, wraps cover the entire body but there are some exceptions like cellulite and bust wraps that are only applied to problem areas specified by the client.
Body wraps health and beauty benefits
6. Cellulite reduction
This is probably one of the most popular and quickest ways of diminishing cellulite. The best thing about using body wrap is that it will help to melt away fat deposits under the skin, and purge out toxins, aiding to lose some inches, tone up loose skin, detox the body, and reduce orange peel-like skin. Most of the anti-cellulite body wrap treatments contain herbal and marine active ingredients and offer additional skin and health benefits as well.
Do body wraps work to lose inches?
There is a lot of different kinds of body wraps on the market now that can help with reducing swelling and water retention that will lead to body slimming. Another approach is using Far Infrared Rays technologies in the production of body wraps to melt down unwanted fatty deposits with the heat. Here are some body wraps for inch loss that works on contouring your body and slimming your silhouette:
- Seaweed body wraps
- Clay/Mud body wraps
- Infrared body wraps
- Mixed type body wraps including all above
Infrared body wraps are the most recent innovation but rapidly becoming a common procedure in the salons and at-home treatments. Check our special blog dedicated to Infrared Body Wraps only:
Do body wraps help to lose weight?
Let us help you dig deeper into the facts and debunk some of the prevalent myths about the relationship between weight loss and cellulite so you can take a better approach to get rid of dimpled skin before the swimsuit season approaches. Check our blog post below:
Types of body wrap spa treatments
1. Algae body wrap
2. Bust wrap
3. Cellulite wraps treatment
4. Chocolate body wrap
5. Detoxing and mineralizing body wrap
6. Herbal body wrap
7. Hydrating body wrap
8. Slimming body wrap
9. Mud or clay wrap
10. Oil boy wrap
11. Paraffin wax body wrap
Wax is not only meant for candles. Paraffin wax has been used for many years at salons and spas to seal in moisture. Bandages and other wrapping materials are rarely used in this treatment. Warm paraffin wax is brushed on the skin which hardens when it dries. The heat from the wax is known to soothe arthritic symptoms and reduce muscle pain.
12. Parafango wrap
13. Thalasso or seaweed body wrap
What to expect
- You do not have to remove all of your clothing. You can wear a bikini, just your bottoms, or go completely naked. A quality spa will be very professional and you do not have to worry about exposing yourself. The esthetician will communicate with you on how to cover yourself for your treatment.
- If you are getting a body wrap with exfoliation, this will happen next. The therapist will remove dead skin cells through dry brushing or using a gently abrasive body scrub.
- If you did get exfoliated, then you will need to rinse so that the wrap will be able to permeate the skin. You may be asked to do this in a separate room if a Vichy shower is not available above your treatment table.
- Your therapist will now begin applying a mineral or oil-rich formula to help in moisturizing your skin, giving it some extra softness. They will apply it to your body and limbs then they will wrap each area in cloth or plastic before moving on to the next part of your body.
- Sit back and relax. Your therapist will leave you for up to half an hour to allow the treatment to permeate your skin. Some spas give the option of additional services like a scalp massage while you wait.
- When your time is up, your spa therapist will unwrap you and either rinse you off or point you to separate shower so you can remove any excess scrub of ingredients on your skin.
- Finally, at the end of your treatment, your therapist will apply a final moisturizer to continue to protect and soften your skin.
The fine print
Often, a body wrap is combined with other treatments like a body scrub or a massage to offer a full pampered experience. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Check with the spa to get a list of what to expect while you are with your esthetician.
Some other things to keep in mind is that you will be wrapped up. If you experience claustrophobia, it might not be a good idea to get this treatment.
Homemade body wraps DIY
Though you cannot match the experience of lying down on a massage table while the therapist does the work, you can still get the skin you desire. Heck, you can create a spa experience at home with a few candles and oils. Make an appointment for yourself where you will be left uninterrupted for 30 minutes to an hour.
You want to look for body wrap treatments with ingredients you can understand like Guam body wraps. They list out all of their ingredients on their site and describe how they are procured plus their benefits. Treat your body inside and out with a product that will not leave you wondering whether it will be good for your skin.
Recommended at-home Body Wraps:
About Guam Anti-cellulite products
This Infrared Stomach Wrap was specifically designed for the abdomen area, its hot formulation helps to reduce cellulite on the stomach, tighten and firm belly skin, reshape love handles. Thanks to unique formula harness the power of Black Tourmaline, Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals it acts fast and safe.
Reveal touchably firm, slender leg contours with the Cooling Guam Seaweed Mud anti-cellulite body wrap. Formulated for swollen, heavy legs this revitalizing menthol-infused formula penetrates deeply to depuff and visibly get rid of cellulite on thighs, calves, and hips, decreasing swelling.
Bestselling Original Body Wrap is clinically proven to reduce cellulite on legs and buttocks in one treatment due to unique formula harnesses the power of Black Tourmaline that provides the effect of Far Infrared Rays (FIR), Marine Extracts, and European Botanicals to firm and tone so you can always feel confident.